Specification Sales Representative
Los Angeles , Orange County, & San Diego
Specification Sales Representative Job Profile
A Specification Sales Representative is responsible for developing, marketing, and promoting lighting and lighting controls solutions to the specification community. This person will have a base of accounts developed from Electrical Engineers, Architects, Lighting Designers, Interior Designers, and Facility-End Users. The primary responsibilities will be to develop fixture schedules utilizing the specification grade manufacturer products and services represented by our firm.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Building and maintaining key relationships with the specification community and manufacturers.
- This individual will have a working knowledge of all technical aspects of the manufacturer’s products that SCI represents.
- This individual will be responsible to maintain and continue their education on new technologies as they are developed and introduced to SCI and the marketplace.
- Develop and edit boilerplate specifications
- Coordinate between the specifier, manufacturer and SCI Quotations, Sales and Specification teams to provide a complete and competitive bid package.
- The objective of this position is to have the maximum capture rate of the specifiers’ project business.
- Formulate plans for following up on specification bids to generate orders.
- Responsible for arranging and filing supporting specification and bid documents.
- The salesperson will be required to be an active member of the IES and/or DLF.
- Attend regular sales meetings.
Skills and Specifications
- This individual should have a complete and thorough understanding of all the SCI product lines, LED and lighting control technology, and pricing structures.
- Possess the ability to present and communicate effectively in-group settings.
- Should hold the capacity to manage budgets and time lines to meet strict deadlines.
- Should possess strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills, which will help this individual coordinate among different divisions.
- Experience working with other Lighting and Controls Companies.
- Strong background and experience utilizing computer software programs such as Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, Bluebeam and CRM type systems.
Education and Qualifications
A strong background in Electrical Systems and Lighting Control Systems along with a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Architecture, or Business is required.
Compensation Plan and Benefits
SCI will provide a comprehensive compensation package commensurate with your experience and qualifications. SCI also offers a 401k program, profit sharing, bonus program, and our Health Insurance Program, Dental and Vision.
Please include your resume and a cover letter.