Specification Sales Representative
A Specification Sales Representative is responsible for developing, marketing, and promoting lighting and lighting controls solutions to the specification community. This person will have a base of accounts comprised of Electrical Engineers, Architects, Lighting Designers, Interior Designers, and Facility-End Users. The primary responsibilities will be to develop fixture schedules utilizing the specification-grade manufacturer products and services represented by our firm.
To apply please email your resume to Ryan Weiss at [email protected].
Duties & Responsibilities
- Building and maintaining key relationships with the specification community and SCI’s
- This individual will have a working knowledge of all technical aspects of the
manufacturers’ products that SCI represents.
- This individual will be responsible for maintaining and continuing their education on new
technologies as they are developed and introduced to SCI and the marketplace.
- Responsible for developing and editing boilerplate specifications.
- Coordinate between the specifier, manufacturer, and SCI Quotations, Sales, and
Specification teams to provide a complete and competitive bid package.
- Aim to have the maximum capture rate of the specifiers’ project business.
- Formulate plans for following up on specification bids to generate orders.
- Responsible for arranging and filing supporting specifications and bid documents.
- The salesperson will be required to be an active member of the IES or other relevant
- Attend regular sales meetings at SCI’s Irvine headquarters.
Skills & Specifications
- This individual should have a complete and thorough understanding of all the SCI product
lines, LED and lighting control technology, and pricing structures.
- Possess the ability to present and effectively communicate in group settings.
- Should hold the capacity to manage budgets and timelines to meet strict deadlines.
- Should possess strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills, which will
help this individual coordinate among different divisions.
- Experience working with other Lighting and Controls Companies.
- Strong background and experience utilizing computer software programs such as
Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, Bluebeam, and
A strong background in Electrical Systems and Lighting Control Systems along with a bachelor’s
degree in Engineering, Architecture, Business, or a similar field is required.
Compensation & BenefitsSCI will provide a comprehensive compensation package commensurate with your experience and qualifications. The salary range for this position is $90K-$150K, plus commission. SCI also offers a 401k program, profit sharing, bonus program, and our health insurance program, along with dental and vision.