Outside Sales Representative – Lighting Services/Vertical Markets
Duties & Responsibilities
- Building and maintaining key relationships with project managers, estimators, sales reps, and principals of
the electrical distributor, electrical contractor, and manufacturer.
- The objective of this position is to have the maximum capture rate of the distributors’ and contractors’
project business while maintaining profitability.
- Coordinate between the electrical distributor, contractor, manufacturer, and SCI Quotations, Sales, and
Specification teams to provide a complete and competitive bid package.
- Formulate plans for following up on bids to generate orders.
- Responsible for arranging and filing supporting bid and order documents.
- This individual will be responsible to maintain and continue their education on new technologies as they
are developed and introduced to SCI and the marketplace.
- Regular sales meetings.
Skills & Specifications
- This individual should have a complete and thorough understanding of all the SCI product lines, LED and
lighting control technology, and pricing structures.
- Possess the ability to present and communicate effectively in group settings.
- Should hold the capacity to manage budgets and timelines to meet strict deadlines.
- Should possess strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills, which will help this
individual coordinate among different divisions.
- Experience working with other Lighting and Controls Companies.
- Existing relationships with city, park, and rec, and municipality influencers and key decision makers
Education and Qualifications
The ideal candidate for this position will reside in Los Angeles or Orange County.
A strong background in Electrical Systems and Lighting Control Systems along with a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Architecture, or Business is required.
Compensation & BenefitsSCI will provide a comprehensive compensation package commensurate with your experience and qualifications. Salary range 75-100k annually, SCI also offers a 401k program, profit sharing, bonus program, and our Health Insurance Program, Dental and Vision.