C&I Sales Representative
Duties & Responsibilities
- Building and maintaining key relationships with project managers, estimators, sales reps and principals of the electrical distributor, electrical contractor, and manufacturer.
- The objective of this position is to have the maximum capture rate of the distributors and contractors’ project business while maintaining profitability.
- Coordinate between the electrical distributor, contractor, manufacturer and SCI Quotations, Sales, and Specification teams to provide a complete and competitive bid package.
- Make regular sales calls on electrical wholesalers, helping them manage their inventory, convert competitive stock lines, and promote any promotions set forth by SCI manufacturers.
- Initiate product presentations of new lighting and control technologies for customer base.
- Formulate plans for following up on bids to generate orders.
- Responsible for quote clean-up, including submittal creation/review, part number and cost verification.
- Responsible for arranging and filing supporting bid and order documents.
- This individual will be responsible to maintain and continue their education on new technologies as they are developed and introduced to SCI and the marketplace.
- Regular sales meetings.
Skills & Specifications
- This individual should have a complete and thorough understanding of all the SCI product lines, LED and lighting control technology, and pricing structures.
- Possess the ability to present and effectively communicate in-group settings.
- Should hold the capacity to manage budgets and timelines to meet strict deadlines.
- Should possess strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills, which will help this individual coordinate among different divisions.
- Experience working with other Lighting and Controls Companies.
- Be able to present effectively in front of a group of customers.
- Has a strong background in computer applications including, but not limited to Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), Bluebeam and show the ability to learn new CRM systems.
Education & Qualifications
The ideal candidate for this position will reside in San Diego.
A strong background in Electrical Systems and Lighting Control Systems along with a bachelor’s degree (required), preferably in Engineering, Architecture, or Business.
Compensation & BenefitsSCI will provide a comprehensive compensation package commensurate with your experience and qualifications. SCI also offers a 401k program, profit sharing & bonus programs, SCI offers a competitive Health Insurance Program, which includes Dental and Vision.